Longest Dam Race
- All participants are required to check in 1 hour prior to their event race at the Kiwanis Park staging area.
- Race officials will be present at 7:00 am for check ins.
- Runners must face traffic.
- Helmets are mandatory for all cyclists.
- No Flip Flops allowed for any cyclist.
- All races will be held on schedule regardless of weather conditions.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- All entries MUST be in 1/2 hour before race time.
-No dogs allowed.
The race begins with the10K run which starts at the top of the Fort Peck Dam near the Dam Shaft houses on Highway 24 and proceeds across almost the entire distance of the Dam. There is a 3.1-mile turnaround near the middle of the course, then an approximate 350-foot gradual drop in elevation which is on a gravel/dirt road. This surface transitions back onto asphalt for the last near half mile to the finish line in front of Kiwanis Park. The 5K Run & Walk is on the same course as the 10K less the turnaround portion of the race which begin on top of the Fort Peck Dam and go down a gravel road for approximately 1K and finish at Kiwanis Park. The 1- mile walk/run will be on a nature trail at Kiwanis Park, which is a flat course that is paved. The novice bike race is approximately 10 miles and will start at the top of the Dam heading across the dam and back, continues past the start line, then downhill and flattens out onward to the finish line. All races will finish at Kiwanis Park.